Friend tested, mother instructed, and kid-approved — these muffins are as close to those white-pouch mini-muffins as you’ll get out your very own kitchen! Not only that, they’re easy, moist (there’s that word 😏), and done in less than 30👌🏻!
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup AP flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 kiwis, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or raisins
- Pre-heat oven 425F.
- In smaller bowl, combine wet ingredients (egg, milk, & melted butter)
- In a larger second bowl, add flours, sugar, baking soda -- then, fold wet ingredients into dry.
- Turn in kiwis & mini chocolate chips (raisins, if you've chosen). Don’t over-mix!
- Spray mini, or regular size, muffin tin and cook at 425 F for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean — breakfast, treat, or snack is served!
Açaí Smoothie Bowl
It was one of those weeks where I try throwing everything in a pot and açaí what happens! Bad food puns aside, following my trip to Chicago, I aimed to create a bowl that reminded me of the @leftcoastfood açaí smoothie bowl ...I also happened to be craving something tropical and refreshing -- so this dish was born!
- 1 cup milk
- 1 packet of Açaí, (Trader Joe's has)
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 container of Siggi's Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes pancake mix
- 1/4 cup raisins or dried fruit
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- Blend milk with açaí packet. Then, stir in quinoa, water, and vanilla extract.
- Add to instant pot, select high pressure and 2 minute cook time.
- When beeping, instant pot turns off. Allow to sit for 10 minutes, then pressure release to release any remaining pressure.
- Scoop into a bowl and add Siggis yogurt, fruit, nuts or granola.
**attn** by no means do you need an instant pot to make this or any recipe posted lately. It just speeds up the process!
Tofu Egg Muffin Cups
I created this recipe for the egg fans
Ingredients & Directions:
- ~6 oz (1/2 block tofu)
- 4 whole large eggs
- 2 tbsp hummus
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Dash of salt and pepper.
- Blend the above in high-powered blender or vitamix.
- Once blended, mix in 1-2 cups chopped veggies (kale, tomatoes, and broccoli used here). Spray and fill muffin tins -- bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until eggs are set.